Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Update


It’s been a while since we last posted.  Things have been really busy around here and by the time night rolls around we are too tired to write anything. 


Here's a re-cap of some of the things going on around here.

My Mother’s Day was spent with breakfast being served in bed followed by cards from the kids.  I also had entertainment from Emily and Danni with them singing and dancing.  They were great!










Later, Timmy and I went down to our local feeds and needs store to purchase our vegetable plants for our garden.  We bought Green Peppers, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Zucchini, Squash, Pumpkin, Eggplant, Strawberries, and a wide variety of hot pepper plants that Timmy loves to grow.  He gets tons of these and we dry them out and he crushes them up to use in his dishes.  I don’t use them they are too hot for me! 


We later finished the day with a nice cookout with burgers and hot dogs.  My good friend Lisa came with her two girls to join us for dinner.  The weather has been really nice lately on the weekends.


We started planting our garden in shifts.  We put some of our plants in some pots on our deck to grow.  I hope they do well. 






We also made a second raised bed in our yard to hold more plants this year.  I just hope that we have a good growing season this year with the weather.  We get really excited when everything starts to grow.

The kids have been busy with school and field trips.  They are winding down to only 19 more school days.  We’ve been attending music concerts for chorus and band with Abbie, Elizabeth and Emily in them. 


I managed to squeeze in 16 hours at The Scholastic Book Warehouse that puts on 2 huge book sales each year.  I love working here at these sales; they are a lot of fun and the people that actually work there are really nice. I’ve been doing this for the past 3-4 years.  They give you vouchers of $10 in books for every hour.  They usually give you special projects to do like putting books back on the shelves to packing books to head out or just getting things ready for the sale that is open to the public.  I  got $160 to spend plus I had a coupon for $25 off a purchase of over a hundred.  Mind you that most of the books are already half off with others that at 25% off.  I came home with 2 big boxes filled with books for myself and a bunch that I’m putting away for Christmas.  I think I have most of the books that they carry now. J  I love getting the cookbooks.  I will be definitely helping them again in December at the next one. 

I will be trying to do more posts this week with some of the other things that we have been up to.  This is the first week that I'm actually going to be spending time in the house to get things done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment