Friday, April 20, 2012

Bargain Shopping


$26.65


I wanted to share my grocery trip today at one of my favorite stores that I love to try and visit this place once a week.  We have a Country Market that is run by the Menonites.  I was able to purchase everything that you see here for a whopping total of $26.65.  If I had gone to any other store and paid full price for everything here, my total would have been over $60.00. 

This Market has fresh fruit and vegetables at great prices.  They also have their own handmade fresh bread that they make.  It is really yummy especially the Cinnamon Loaf.  They are the type of store that gets closeout foods, dented cans and some things that are just out of date by a month. (Who cares if it is out of date).  It is usually something that would last for years to come. 

6 Large Boxes of Cereal
8 mini boxes of Cereal
4 Cucumbers
2pks Knorr Dip Seasoning
2 pks Instant Potatos
2 Boxes Pop Tarts
4 pks of Individual Applesauses
1 box Blueberry Muffin Mix
2 Cans Carrots
2 Cans Crushed Pineapples
3 boxes Crackers
2 boxes Granola Bars
2 Boxes of Pasta
1 Can of Frosting

I would recommend anyone to try these sorts of country stores out.  I'm sure there may be one near you. They might save you tons of money on your grocery bill.  I am always looking for the best deals to stretch my dollar on food with such a huge crowd to feed.  I'm also putting away somethings for the summer when the kids are home for vacation.  They eat me out of the house usually over the summer.  My oldest comes home from College in exactly 2 weeks.  It will be nice to have her around the house plus I need to add her back into my food budget. 






Elizabeth my little artist at work.  (Although, she is not so little anymore.  She is just about my height)  She had fun with chaulk in the driveway.  I had to take the picture from my bedroom window upstairs.  She handmade a gigantic card for one of her friends today out of a large posterboard.  She has some amazing talent with her art.  Maybe this is her future.  Who knows????
.

No comments:

Post a Comment